As a parent and pet owner, taking care of your kids and your pets can be a monumental task at times. You have to look out for both of them almost all the time and both make their own kinds of mess around the house and if getting a maid is not an option, this calls for a better alternative in getting things sorted out. So basically if you have kids not doing any chores, why not involve them in cleaning the house. Specifically getting some pet hair off of the furniture and surfaces but you need to have the right pet vacuum in hand so they can operate it safely and efficiently.
Here are some suggestions:
First we have the Hoover WindTunnel T-series Pet Rewind – this vacuum boasts features like easy pet hair suction so you won’t have to focus too much time in one spot to get the hair off of it, it is lightweight and its easy fold feature makes the handling of this vacuum portable. Unlike old vacuums, this vacuum doesn’t have a bag but instead you can easily wash its filter when it is full. Only for $129.99.
Eureka SuctionSeal AS1104A – the Eureka SuctionSeal vacuum comes with a bunch of features, one of which is an Auto Cord rewind so getting the cord back is going be a breeze. It also has some on-board tools. If you will work on marble, carpet, fabrics then it is no problem because the Eureka SuctionSeal is perfect on all kinds of surfaces. You are also not going to work with a bag with this model because it has a simple washable filter concealed in a flip-button dust cup. It is also portable and easy to store with a price tag of $129.00.
Next is the Dyson DC24 – Animal Compact – this unit is an easy store device because it is collapsible handle feature. With a simple touch of your fingertips or foot, the brush roll control can be regulated. You will also never lose suction with this vacuum because of its Root Cyclone technology. It has a built in ball technology as well for easy and seamless movements and amazing power to clean those pet hairs in any kind of surface. It is also highly recommended by the AAFA, Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, so you won’t have to worry about your kids getting asthma or allergies while helping you clean the house. All this and more will cost you $500.
Panasonic “Jet Force Bagless” MC-UL425 – with a bonus of an air turbine and if you are working mainly with carpet, then this is going to be perfect for you and your kids in cleaning pet hair. It carries a larger cup than other units so it has more capacity compared to others. It boasts the JetForce technology created by Panasonic. No bags so it comes with a washable filter and cup. One selling point of this unit is that is very quiet and if you are on a budget, this vacuum only costs $105.99.
We all know that air conditioning during warm months is very important for our children so they will be comfortable and can sleep well which can affect their performance at school and learning, also their day to day lives as children. If you have younger kids, and they can have unbothered sleep, then you will probably won’t have to get up and go and check on them every hour or two which is a huge advantage. But with the power rates nowadays how can you keep your kids asleep but at the same time not punching a hole through your pocket when the electricity bill comes in?
Here are some tips:
- Even if it is a little bit warmer at night, it is not necessarily bad because while your kids are sleeping, they do not need the same degree of “conscious cool”. Now you can turn down their air conditioning unit when they are fast asleep.
- Window or Portable units are a good option in cooling specific rooms if cooling the whole home is not an option. Again, you can specify which part of the house that you want to cool with these types of units. They will consume 50% less energy compared to centralized home cooling system that will be cooling the same spot in the house.
- Make sure you close off your vents. Normally, your basement will always be the coolest part of your home because cool air sinks and warm air rises. So if you close off those vents downstairs you are forcing all the cold air to go up and the warm air to go down and then cooling it in the process.
- Make sure you have your units checked out by a technician. To save money, all you need to do is proper maintenance on your air conditioner units. You might find seeds from trees like cottonwoods which has a tendency to stick on your filters that will cause your unit to work 20% harder that will greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency.
- Check out the ducts that go to your kid’s room. Make sure your ducts are uninterrupted and properly insulated so that the air coming can be cool as it can possibly be. Because paying for air that is not as cold as it should be is not really a good idea and can cause loss of money.
- Make sure your furniture is properly arranged because it can obstruct air and create problems for circulation. Although you might see plastic parts on your vent that points the air to the right direction, making sure your furniture is properly positioned is the most practical and easiest way to make sure that the air circulation in your space is perfect.
- Try 78 degrees. Some people do not know this but it is a good point for an air conditioner unit so it can perform at its optimal level. Think of this as like your car running across a flat, open highway and not dragging itself up a hill but it is just cruising way and its steady as it gets.
Bonding time for father and son is very crucial especially when your son gets to the teenage years where peers are becoming more and more influential to how your son acts and making sure you are still there as the father figure is of the essence. Hunting is a good two man job and if you can get your son into this sport, then the bond between the two will become more sustainable because you will work as a team. And as a team, you have to have good equipment that will compliment both the father and son.
Best children crossbows around
Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Crossbow kit – this bow is one of the best one in the market today for kids because first of all it is cheap, safe and most of all it is effective. It only priced little over $100 and that makes it one of the cheapest out there today. But you do not lose any of its effectiveness just because it is cheap. It actually ranks 3rd in all of the crossbows under $500, it aced pretty much every category possible. As far as safety is concerned, it doesn’t make any unnecessary sacrifices to lessen the cost. Its auto-safety feature is to protect everyone around when someone is using the bow. In fact, this bow is one of the safest bows that you can find for your kids anywhere. The value of this bow is really up there compared to its price. That is why it is considered one of the best bows in the market today.
SA Sports Fever Crossbow package – another well-priced crossbow for kids in the market today. With its fiberglass build that makes is very lightweight which also suitable for kids because it just weighs around 4 pounds. This bow is way much cheaper than other light weight crossbows for kids out there today. For additional safety, this bow is equipped with the auto-safety feature for protection of the shooter and everyone around them and also an ambidextrous trigger that will accommodate lefties and right handed shooters. Before this feature, shooters will have to choose to use the bow right handed otherwise they will position themselves in a very awkward manner just to be able to squeeze the trigger. At around $100, this bow will also give you good value for your money
Now moving on to the big toys
For grownups, it has to be the TenPoint Venom Crossbow pack – it is one of the high end bows out there in the market today. For an adult bow, it only weighs a measly 6.5 pounds but can shoot arrows at a speed of 372 feet per second with a narrow XLT type front end and can cock an arrow down to 13.5 inches. It is also very compact adding to its lightweight specs making it easy to store and carry anywhere because it is only 34.6 inches long. Since you are going to spend $1599 for this bow, it comes with one of the best scopes out there which is TenPoint’s RangeMaster Pro scope and also 6 carbon fiber Pro Elite arrows.
But if you’re looking for something meant for hunting and not just play, try the Barnett Crossbows as it is listed as one of the top crossbow brands.